fbpx

Reply: Need a PMP expert to review my application

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need a PMP expert to review my application

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18916

Emily Rivera, PMP

Your project content looks very good at first read. My only suggestion would be to break it down by process group and use PMI terminology as much as possible. They aren't interested so much in what your project accomplished, as they are interested in seeing that you have used a wide variety of PMI-defined processes. For example:
(IN) Identified stakeholders (PL) Defined scope and determined budget (EX) Managed project work (MC) Validated scope and controlled schedule (CL) Closed project on time and within budget.
Hope this helps!
4 years 4 months ago #18915

Arpit Bedi

Hello Emily,

We did worked a lot in first year but as suggested, I will review my hours for Project 1 and modify if required. Can you please provide feedback on the project content if anything needs to be modified or not.

Thanks
4 years 4 months ago #18914

Emily Rivera, PMP

One thing that jumps out at me right away is that your reported hours seem rather high for the time periods covered. Assuming a 40 hour work week, even if you devoted 100% of your time to just one project, Project 1 should only have consumed approximately 3600 hours. However, factoring in other non-project work, such as administrative work, training, vacation, sick time, etc, I would expect this number to be even lower than 3600 hours. And considering that Project 1 overlaps with Project 2, the reported hours should be even less. Of course, I know it's possible you are working far more than 40 hours a week, and if that is the case, please disregard this comment.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with only having 3 projects, given that your projects are very long duration. When I applied for the exam, I believe I reported 4 projects, and my application was accepted with no issues. Good luck to you!
4 years 4 months ago #18913

Arpit Bedi

Hello,

I am currently working as a Project Engineering in an assembly plant building cars. I have 5 projects to show within this period but as all my projects are very long (1 project is longer than 3 years and still ongoing), PMI is not allowing me to add more than 3 projects as i have already fulfilled my requirement for the exam. Seeing others who have at least 8 -12 projects, I am bit concerned as its ok to submit just 3 projects. I will appreciate someone's feedback on this.

Also, I will very much appreciate if someone can review my current work experience and suggest if any modification is required.

1. --- GT 2017-2022 (Project Manager) Duration: -Dec 2017- Ongoing
a. I am leading a team to build limited edition --- car. I routinely assessed project risk & assumptions, key stakeholders & scope. I worked with SMEs to develop project schedule, budget & WBS. I am holding weekly & monthly meetings to get and provide updates on project tasks & progress to stakeholders. I am managing changes to scope, schedule & budget and updating their baselines. I managed resources for tasks & implemented approved changes for each model year. I am obtaining final acceptance of deliverable & managing lessons learned.
IN: 550, PL: 1010, EX: 1300, M:1040, CL: 300 – Total = 4200 hrs
2. Exposed weave --- track car (Project Manager) May 2018 – July 2019
a. The project was initiated to make 7 clear carbon track only cars for Customer. I as a PM worked with project sponsor to define high-level scope and key stakeholders. I collected requirements and worked with SME’s to define scope, decomposed it into WBS. Using WBS I created RACI chart, project schedule, budgetary estimates & risk management plan. I also updated scope, schedule & budget baseline. I obtained and managed resources. This project is ongoing and we have made 2 out of 7 cars. I am obtaining final acceptance and updating lessons learned.IN: 300, PL: 625, EX: 50, M:10, CL: 200 – Total = 1185 hrs
3. Implementation and integration of ERF system (SAP) (Project Lead) Duration Sep 2016 – May 2017
a. l transition risks & obtained high-level scope. I collected each implementation area requirements and worked with SMEs to define scope, WBS and all required project management plans. I obtained & managed resources, managed interdepartmental communications and implemented approved changes. I regularly monitored project progress by weekly meeting & measured project performance. I obtained final deliverable acceptance.
IN: 100, PL: 250, EX: 300, M:260, CL: 80 – Total = 1185 hrs

Thanks for your time

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login