fbpx

Reply: Stakeholders influence

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Stakeholders influence

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18909

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Hi Sony,

The key here is final characteristics.

It is easier to influence what the project will deliver in the beginning, before scope is set and the budget is allocated for the work. The closer you are to project completion, the more costly and difficult it will be to change the planned work. If you think about building your house, you can plan to put the bathtub in the master bathroom anywhere you want during the design phase. Once the pipes and drains have been installed, however, it will be more costly and potentially cause significant delays in subsequent completion dates to move it to the other side of the room. It will be EVEN MORE difficult once the floor tiles are laid.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Tracy
4 years 4 months ago #18908

Sony Yadav

PMBOK states the stakeholder ability to influence final characteristics is highest at the beginning of project and reduces as the project moves at completion. I am not sure if I understand this correctly as we need to engage and monitor stakeholder engagement regularly throughout the project . Why is it then their influence is highest at the beginning of the project.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login