fbpx

Reply: Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18902

Jaydip Chakrabarti

Hello Valerie,

I have 7 projects to make up my 4500 work experience and 3 years. These are Sourcing, Transition and Outsourcing projects. Can you please review the experience description and advise if looks good or any modification needed. I am about to submit the application for PMP.

Project 1: ( Project to develop cylinder supplier for custom design )
Objective:To develop a cost effective cylinder supplier to meet customer orders with short leadtime

As a Sourcing Manager,IN: Documented project charter & stakeholder register.PL: Developed scope,cost,quality & leadtime requirement,WBS & project plan.EX: Built cross functional team,assigned tasks with timeline,project plan,sample validation.MC: Managed drawing change requests, quality assessment, updated schedule.CL:Obtained sponsor acceptance,collected & archived lessons learned with team

Outcome: Supplier (Higginson) was on-boarded successfully

Project 2 : (Project CRANE (To move manufacturing of QCS product line from Vancouver))
Objective: To Move production of QCS product line from Vancouver

As sending Sourcing transition PM,IN: developed project charter, key stake holders analysis & approval, PL: developed scope, schedule, resources, WBS, communication & kicked off meeting,EX: supplier contract, negotiation, data migration, inventory build, demand planning, risks, change management plan, MC:Measured team performance,Updated risk register, corrective actions,CL: Obtained acceptance & collate lesson learned

Result: Transitioned production facility successfully to China

Project 3 : (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing non-core parts & equipment, Meter Body)
Objective:Outsource 50%volume of meter body (machined & painted) to overseas suppliers

As PM, performed financial analysis, risks,constrains,budget, obtained project charter approval, PL:Led cross functional team with assigned tasks, developed project plan & schedule,WBS,EX:PO for tooling & sample,MC:Monitor progress,updated risk register & communication,CL:sample approval,obtain acceptance of deliverable,closure

Outcome:Head count reduction,Cost Savings,incremental revenue,avoidance of maintenance cost on in-house machining centers & Paint line

Project 4: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing Thermostat Valve Covers for Meter Body)
Objective: To outsource Valve covers of meter body

I managed the full project life cycle,IN: Defined scope, Documented project charter & identified key stake holders, PL:Developed project plan, RACI chart, constraints, cost,quality & communication plan, EX:Led cross functional team with tasks & timeline,implemented approved changes,MC:measured progress, updated risks register,corrective action & schedule,CL:Obtained acceptance of deliverables and transferred ownership

Outcome: Head count reduction with space liberated for additional assembly line

Project 5: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing machining & painting to domestic suppliers)
Objective: To outsource machining & painting of meter body (50% volume) to domestic suppliers

As PM, documented scope, risks, constrains, CAPEX, obtained project charter approval, PL:Led cross functional team with assigned tasks, RFQ analysis, developed project plan, schedule, WBS, EX:PO for tooling & sample, MC: Monitor progress,updated risk register & communication, CL:sample approval, obtained acceptance of final deliverables & closure

Outcome:Head count reduction,Cost Savings, avoidance of maintenance cost on in house machining & Paint line

Project 6: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing machining & painting of covers of meter body)
Objective: To outsource machining & painting of covers of meter body

I managed the whole project.IN:Documented project charter & obtained approval,PL:Developed project plan,schedule,risk & change management plan,WBS,EX:performed tasks as per the plan,
schedule & timeline,implemented approved changes,MC:Closely monitored budget, risks & schedule,implemented corrective action & updated schedule,CL:Obtained acceptance of deliverables, transferred ownership & documented project closure

Outcome: Machining & painting of covers for meter body outsourced

Project 7: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing Lapping parts of the meter body)
Objective: Outsource lapper parts of all meter body

As PM, defined scope, risks, constrains, budget, documented project charter & stakeholders register, PL:Conducted kicked-off meeting, developed Gantt chart, project plan & schedule, WBS, communication plan,EX:PO for tooling & sample,led Sourcing, Engineering, QA through execution, demand planning,buffer build, MC:Monitored cost, schedule & quality, updated risk register, CL:sample approval, decommissioned old equipment & closure

Outcome: Lapper parts outsourced,existing equipment decommissioned
4 years 5 months ago #18862

Valerie Smith

Hello,
Your project descriptions look great. Now you need to break out the time spent in each Process Group to add up to the required hours or more.
ex: Initiating- 1000 hours and so on.
4 years 5 months ago #18856

Kelsi Breault

I have about 12 projects to submit to get me my 4500 hours over 4 years, I've listed 5 down below, please take a look at my descriptions to make sure i am on the right track to submit this asap, thank you! These are all IT/Software projects:

Project 1:
Obj: Implement changes to prepare for clients move to an SAP solution & enhance client onboarding process
IN: Identified stakeholders & high level scope, created stakeholder register
PL: Collaborated with business analyst & lead meetings to collect detailed project requirements, developed stakeholder management plan
EX: Confronted conflict amongst teams, encouraged team work, motivated team, maintained change & issue log
MC: Control schedule, oversee quality control
Outcome: Implemented a single boarding file solution for client

Project 2:
Obj: Update debit rates for card holders with within criteria
IN: Met with Sponsor to identify impacted stakeholders, review agreements & determined high level deliverables, cost & scope
P: Planned cost management, developed project schedule, estimated activity durations
E: Managed work of internal teams, updated project documents & distributed project reports
M: Monitored & controled schedule, costs, and scope
CL: Archived project documents, released team
Outcome: Debit rates updated for card holders within criteria

Project 3:
Obj:Implement a site grouping capability with different limits set by predefined grouping method such as State or Terminal Type
I: Identified stakeholders, created stakeholder register
P: held meetings to review deliverables and create requirements traceability matrix with team
E: Managed stakeholder engagement, distributed weekly status reports
M: verified deliverables by comparing development work to scope management plan
C: Received sign off from client, closed project
Outcome: Client received ability to override automatic fuel pump amount

Project 4:
Obj: Design a global user interface allowing the client to design & offer bids for magazine rack
IN: Defined high-level scope, identified risks, assumptions & constraints
PL: Collected & documented requirements, established scope baseline, defined milestones
EX: Acquired resources from vendors, directed internal project work, managed team
MC: evaluated project performance against baseline, developed work performance reports
CL: Obtained final acceptance of deliverables, archived project documents
Outcome: Rack system global user interface implemented

Project 5:
Obj: Re-write and migrate client from old DOS based system to new, state of the art SaaS model.
IN: Used Benefits Management plan to create project charter, received sponsor sign off, reviewed high-level scope with key stakeholders
PL: Decomposed & sequenced activities with team, planned project phases, developed project schedule, planned procurement management
Outcome: Project canceled due to lack of customer funding.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login