fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application?

Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application? 4 years 5 months ago #18856

• Kelsi Breault
  • Kelsi Breault's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have about 12 projects to submit to get me my 4500 hours over 4 years, I've listed 5 down below, please take a look at my descriptions to make sure i am on the right track to submit this asap, thank you! These are all IT/Software projects:

Project 1:
Obj: Implement changes to prepare for clients move to an SAP solution & enhance client onboarding process
IN: Identified stakeholders & high level scope, created stakeholder register
PL: Collaborated with business analyst & lead meetings to collect detailed project requirements, developed stakeholder management plan
EX: Confronted conflict amongst teams, encouraged team work, motivated team, maintained change & issue log
MC: Control schedule, oversee quality control
Outcome: Implemented a single boarding file solution for client

Project 2:
Obj: Update debit rates for card holders with within criteria
IN: Met with Sponsor to identify impacted stakeholders, review agreements & determined high level deliverables, cost & scope
P: Planned cost management, developed project schedule, estimated activity durations
E: Managed work of internal teams, updated project documents & distributed project reports
M: Monitored & controled schedule, costs, and scope
CL: Archived project documents, released team
Outcome: Debit rates updated for card holders within criteria

Project 3:
Obj:Implement a site grouping capability with different limits set by predefined grouping method such as State or Terminal Type
I: Identified stakeholders, created stakeholder register
P: held meetings to review deliverables and create requirements traceability matrix with team
E: Managed stakeholder engagement, distributed weekly status reports
M: verified deliverables by comparing development work to scope management plan
C: Received sign off from client, closed project
Outcome: Client received ability to override automatic fuel pump amount

Project 4:
Obj: Design a global user interface allowing the client to design & offer bids for magazine rack
IN: Defined high-level scope, identified risks, assumptions & constraints
PL: Collected & documented requirements, established scope baseline, defined milestones
EX: Acquired resources from vendors, directed internal project work, managed team
MC: evaluated project performance against baseline, developed work performance reports
CL: Obtained final acceptance of deliverables, archived project documents
Outcome: Rack system global user interface implemented

Project 5:
Obj: Re-write and migrate client from old DOS based system to new, state of the art SaaS model.
IN: Used Benefits Management plan to create project charter, received sponsor sign off, reviewed high-level scope with key stakeholders
PL: Decomposed & sequenced activities with team, planned project phases, developed project schedule, planned procurement management
Outcome: Project canceled due to lack of customer funding.

Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application? 4 years 5 months ago #18862

• Valerie Smith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
Your project descriptions look great. Now you need to break out the time spent in each Process Group to add up to the required hours or more.
ex: Initiating- 1000 hours and so on.

Can someone please take a look at my project descriptions for my application? 4 years 5 months ago #18902

• Jaydip Chakrabarti
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Valerie,

I have 7 projects to make up my 4500 work experience and 3 years. These are Sourcing, Transition and Outsourcing projects. Can you please review the experience description and advise if looks good or any modification needed. I am about to submit the application for PMP.

Project 1: ( Project to develop cylinder supplier for custom design )
Objective:To develop a cost effective cylinder supplier to meet customer orders with short leadtime

As a Sourcing Manager,IN: Documented project charter & stakeholder register.PL: Developed scope,cost,quality & leadtime requirement,WBS & project plan.EX: Built cross functional team,assigned tasks with timeline,project plan,sample validation.MC: Managed drawing change requests, quality assessment, updated schedule.CL:Obtained sponsor acceptance,collected & archived lessons learned with team

Outcome: Supplier (Higginson) was on-boarded successfully

Project 2 : (Project CRANE (To move manufacturing of QCS product line from Vancouver))
Objective: To Move production of QCS product line from Vancouver

As sending Sourcing transition PM,IN: developed project charter, key stake holders analysis & approval, PL: developed scope, schedule, resources, WBS, communication & kicked off meeting,EX: supplier contract, negotiation, data migration, inventory build, demand planning, risks, change management plan, MC:Measured team performance,Updated risk register, corrective actions,CL: Obtained acceptance & collate lesson learned

Result: Transitioned production facility successfully to China

Project 3 : (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing non-core parts & equipment, Meter Body)
Objective:Outsource 50%volume of meter body (machined & painted) to overseas suppliers

As PM, performed financial analysis, risks,constrains,budget, obtained project charter approval, PL:Led cross functional team with assigned tasks, developed project plan & schedule,WBS,EX:PO for tooling & sample,MC:Monitor progress,updated risk register & communication,CL:sample approval,obtain acceptance of deliverable,closure

Outcome:Head count reduction,Cost Savings,incremental revenue,avoidance of maintenance cost on in-house machining centers & Paint line

Project 4: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing Thermostat Valve Covers for Meter Body)
Objective: To outsource Valve covers of meter body

I managed the full project life cycle,IN: Defined scope, Documented project charter & identified key stake holders, PL:Developed project plan, RACI chart, constraints, cost,quality & communication plan, EX:Led cross functional team with tasks & timeline,implemented approved changes,MC:measured progress, updated risks register,corrective action & schedule,CL:Obtained acceptance of deliverables and transferred ownership

Outcome: Head count reduction with space liberated for additional assembly line

Project 5: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing machining & painting to domestic suppliers)
Objective: To outsource machining & painting of meter body (50% volume) to domestic suppliers

As PM, documented scope, risks, constrains, CAPEX, obtained project charter approval, PL:Led cross functional team with assigned tasks, RFQ analysis, developed project plan, schedule, WBS, EX:PO for tooling & sample, MC: Monitor progress,updated risk register & communication, CL:sample approval, obtained acceptance of final deliverables & closure

Outcome:Head count reduction,Cost Savings, avoidance of maintenance cost on in house machining & Paint line

Project 6: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing machining & painting of covers of meter body)
Objective: To outsource machining & painting of covers of meter body

I managed the whole project.IN:Documented project charter & obtained approval,PL:Developed project plan,schedule,risk & change management plan,WBS,EX:performed tasks as per the plan,
schedule & timeline,implemented approved changes,MC:Closely monitored budget, risks & schedule,implemented corrective action & updated schedule,CL:Obtained acceptance of deliverables, transferred ownership & documented project closure

Outcome: Machining & painting of covers for meter body outsourced

Project 7: (Project LOCUST (Outsourcing Lapping parts of the meter body)
Objective: Outsource lapper parts of all meter body

As PM, defined scope, risks, constrains, budget, documented project charter & stakeholders register, PL:Conducted kicked-off meeting, developed Gantt chart, project plan & schedule, WBS, communication plan,EX:PO for tooling & sample,led Sourcing, Engineering, QA through execution, demand planning,buffer build, MC:Monitored cost, schedule & quality, updated risk register, CL:sample approval, decommissioned old equipment & closure

Outcome: Lapper parts outsourced,existing equipment decommissioned
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login