fbpx

Reply: PMP Application: project experience with No initiation or planning activities

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Application: project experience with No initiation or planning activities

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18809

Cornelius Fichtner

Two thoughts for you:

First, you must have experience in all five of the domains. PMI will not accept your application unless you have experience in Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring&Controlling, as well as Closing. There is no way around this requirement.

Second, the PMP is intended for those who "lead and direct project". However, you are stating that "My role was mainly to maintain and monitor the risk register, project plan and change control requests". Based on this statement you are a project participant and not the project manager. Maybe the CAPM or PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional) might be more appropriate for you? Mind you, this assessment is purely based on that particular statement of yours. Without knowing more and understanding your true role, I am flying somewhat blind here, and am solely pointing out something that jumped out at me.
4 years 5 months ago #18808

Rrr Rrr

I joined a huge complex project as a project coordinator during the execution stage. My role was mainly to maintain and monitor the risk register, project plan and change control requests. I was also responsible for Coordinating system testing logistics and resource scheduling. I also helped during the closing phase, by managing documents transition between the project and the customer. This means that I will only have activities under Monitoring and Controlling (about 75% of the time ) and closing (25%) . Would it be OK to not include anything under initiation and planning? is there a way to balance the time and to avoid having 0s for initiation and planning?
Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login