fbpx

Reply: Exam Simulator scores before attempting PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Simulator scores before attempting PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18769

Deepak Arya, PMP®

Hi Daniel,
I have completed my exam yesterday (19th Oct)!! And I got T/AT/AT/BT/AT -- Over all AT
My Scores during Mock Tests(PM PrepCast) are as follows -
1st Mock (65%) - One Week Break + Study + 50 question daily with 10x5 Q sets ( Scored 60%-70%)
2nd Mock (70%) - One Week Break + Study + 50 question daily with 20-20-10 Q sets ( Scored 70%-80%)
3rd Mock (82%) - One Week Break + Study + 50 question daily with 20-20-10 Q sets ( Scored 80%-90% occasionally 100%)
And Final PMP exam - T/AT/AT/BT/AT - over all AT

So if You are scoring around 70-75 consistently, it means you are almost ready just need the confidence that's it.

Try to do 20-20 Questions sets with timer and then analyse all correct and incorrect answers, this will clear yours knowledge gaps and keep your pace intact.
Just think this way- that you just need to do 8-10 more questions correct in order to achieve 80% since you already scoring mid 70s.
After completing the mock test always try to make sure that you go back and review only correct 8-10 question and make sure they are correct. if you go try review all the question it may happen that you make correct question incorrect in haste.
So just focus only on those questions which you think you can make finally correct by providing them little extra time. Don't try to correct any answer which you have no idea about it may happen you make it incorrect by over analyzing it in review session during last minutes. Since our first instinct are generally correct so trust your gut feeling.

Try this...and I am sure you'll be able to touch so called 80s line... BTW You are ready anyway just cover the knowledge gaps with confidence.:)

Hope this will help

Regards
4 years 5 months ago #18767

NAISU LIU

i got 72% to 80% for all 7 mockup exams (200 non-stop) and i got 5 Above Target in the real PMP exam, first time.
4 years 5 months ago #18756

Daniel Hooks

Hi all, for those who have passed the PMP, what level of scores were you achieving before taking the exam? I have taken the first two simulators here in the PM PrepCast, and I'm scoring in the mid-70's. I'd like to get to 80%-85% before taking the PMP, but I wanted to see what a reasonable expectation is.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login