fbpx

Reply: Am I eligible?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I eligible?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18724

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Aniket,

First of all, the 35 Contact Hours you need are easy, because that's "just" training in project management. And usually, a PMP exam prep course/training will cover that.

However... the more difficult part is to show that you have truly been working as a project manager who was LEADING AND DIRECTING projects. The most important bullet from your list is "Doing parts of project management since 48+ months and dedicated project management since 21+ months". If the work you did meant that you were the person in charge of the project, then you most likely qualify.

I recommend two steps to confirm this:

First of all, please read The PMP Examination Content Outline. This document describes what you will be tested on during the PMP exam. It describes a lot of tasks that we PMs manage. If you can honestly say that "this is indeed the work I did", then you have the background and experience you need.

Second, please read The PMP Handbook. In particular, please read the section for the eligibility requirements (i.e. 35 contact hours, at least 4500 hours of PM work, and at least 36 months as a PM). If you meet those, then again... You're good to go.

Finally, please note that the PMP exam is changing on July 1 2020. If you qualify for the exam, then I recommend that you start studying ASAP because the exam will be much harder after July 1st.
4 years 5 months ago #18723

Aniket Vasishth

's Avatar

Hi

I have been asked to take a PMP certification by my manager but I am not sure if I am eligible. Here's my profile :
  • 100+ months of IT experience
  • 4 years of bachelors degree in computer science
  • Current Designation: Team Lead
  • Previous Designations: Tech Lead, Business Analyst, Systems Engineer
  • Doing parts of project management since 48+ months and dedicated project management since 21+ months
  • Scaled Agile Certified

Also, can someone guide me how to prove 35 contact hrs?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login