fbpx

Reply: I failed PMP exam x2. Suggestions welcome on how to pass on round 3.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I failed PMP exam x2. Suggestions welcome on how to pass on round 3.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18721

Cornelius Fichtner

Elizabeth,

While you must be disappointed, the good news is that it sounds as if you are not giving up nor let this get you down. That is a perfect position to start from. So good for you!

I would recommend that you take a moment and read this article here that I wrote particularly for students who are in your situation www.project-management-prepcast.com/failed-pmp-exam . It contains my thoughts and recommendations on how to recover and pass with flying colors.

I would recommend that you take Tip 4 to heart in particular and understand why your answers were wrong. It sounds as if you are studying a lot and that you know the material. But you may have trouble getting to the essence of the questions. We know that our simulator offers vague questions, but the real exam is even vaguer (as you know). So answering a lot of questions and then reviewing each question you got wrong so you can improve and learn will lead you to success.

You can do this!
4 years 5 months ago #18706

Elizabeth Jones

Hello everyone. Unfortunately I failed the PMP exam twice. The first time I was well below target. I did not take the exam as serious as I should have and scored a
needs improvement in all five process groups. The second time, I studied aggressively for two weeks prior and received 1 above target, 4 targets and 1 below target in executing. PMI has approved a 90 day extension
to allow me an opportunity to test once more. I HAVE to pass this time. I purchased the PM prepcast executive package, I have two study guides (RM and Head First PMP). I plan to schedule the exam once I am confident
I will pass but I only have until the end of December. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login