fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP simulator

PMP simulator 4 years 7 months ago #18677

• Richard Sharples
  • Richard Sharples's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Preparing for my PMP exam in two weeks, and between studying I regualy use the exam simulator in learning mode, often setting targets of 50 questions, I often do quite well scoring on average 78% but when I attempt the full exam 200 question I drop to 68%. I must improve my score rating to feel comfortable, can anyone offer advise on how to improve.

PMP simulator 4 years 7 months ago #18680

• James Keuning
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Do you think the difference between the quizzes and the full blown exam is coincidence? Do you get more wrong answers in the latter part of the exam? How many quizzes and exams have you done?

I gotta say, I was hitting around 70% consistently on 10-question quizzes but I’d get runs where I was hitting like 50% and 60%. No kidding. But those were definitely statistical aberrations.

Are you reading a book or watching the prepcast in addition to taking practice test? Do you read the explanation of each wrong answer and read the references in the PMBOK? Are you taking advantage of the live feedback to understand why you are getting certain answers wrong?

PMP simulator 4 years 7 months ago #18687

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I average two simulation tests per day consisting of 30 to 50 questions and scoring 76% to 92%. I back this up by reviewing the answers and referencing PMBOK and also practice writing down formulas. On the exam itself, sometimes I struggle to understand the question, and find my brain searching desperately for the knowledge area wasting valuable time.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login