fbpx

Reply: Selection of course between CAPM & PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Selection of course between CAPM & PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18617

Martin Premont

That's not a very hard question to answer in my opinion. If you have the hours go for PMP as the CAPM is almost as hard as the PMP. I did my CAPM back in June because I was short on PM experience hours but if I would of known I would of waited for the PMP. So far it's the exact same material so go for the big one!!!!
4 years 6 months ago #18579

Ardasher

's Avatar

Dears,
I would like to ask for your help in selection of the right way in my future PM study.

Could you please review my brief background and purpose of taking PM course below, and give me advice.
“I have graduated from two universities and got two foreign degrees: 1) Bachelor of Science in Economics (1992-1997) and 2) MBA from Steinbeis Hochschule Berlin (2014-2016). The Project Management module was a part of my studies during my MBA program. Also, I have more than 20 years of work experience in non-profit sector, business telecom and banking sectors which included Project Management component. In my last two years (2017-19), I had worked as a Project Manager at the World Bank Group, leading Digital Financial Service Project.
Currently, I am a Texas resident since June 2019. My intention to take PM program is to get certified in PM so, I could become a competitive candidate in the USA job market. Many employers request a certificate in PM.”

Thus, what do you recommend me: to go with CAPM or PMP?

I'd appreciate your support and looking forward to get your feedback.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login