fbpx

Reply: project charter

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : project charter

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18507

Blanche Stanny Lopes

Hi Ashvini,

Can you kindly post the question that you came across along with the options?
4 years 7 months ago #18505

Ashvini K. Chhabra

Hi Blanche

What you have mentioned is the implication of the approved project charter .
I came across 1 practice question about the purpose of project charter . Out of 4 , the right option mentioned is " to formally authorize a project or a phase & document initial requirements which satisfy the stakeholders needs & expectations.

However, pmbok 6 mentions that project charter authorizes the project. It doesn't mention about the commencement of the phase. That's why I posted this query.
4 years 7 months ago #18504

Blanche Stanny Lopes

Hi Ashwini,
Once the charter is signed the project manager gets the authority to work on the project as per the scope laid down. No further action is required, the charter once authorized acts like a guideline throughout the project.
Hope this helps
4 years 7 months ago #18501

Ashvini K. Chhabra

Hi Blanche,

My query is very specific that whether project charter authorizes the initiation of other phases in the project or not. I am aware that approved charter initiates the project & the same is mentioned PMBOK 6.
4 years 7 months ago #18499

Blanche Stanny Lopes

For a project to start the first stage is initiation. A charter is signed as a part of initiation process and so the other process follow from planning to closure. So the answer to your question is a project cannot initiate without a signed charter and so the other process cannot follow.

Hope i have answered you.
4 years 7 months ago #18486

Ashvini K. Chhabra

Project charter authorizes the commencement of the project. Does it also authorize the initiation of all the other phases ?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login