fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Schedule Network Diagram Seperate Lesson

Project Schedule Network Diagram Seperate Lesson 4 years 7 months ago #18277

• Tyler Wood
  • Tyler Wood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
In the Develop Schedule lessons, Cornelius mentions a separate lesson on the Project Schedule Network Diagrams, but I can not find that lesson in the content list. Can someone point me in the correct location? Thank you.

Project Schedule Network Diagram Seperate Lesson 4 years 7 months ago #18281

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Tyler,

To my own personal dismay, this particular lesson was never finished for the current PrepCast. But... we have it for the previous version. Here is a link for you:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/network-diagram

The network diagram is still valid (nothing's changed here), but please ignore any mention of PMBOK 5th edition and anything related to the old exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler Wood

Project Schedule Network Diagram Seperate Lesson 4 years 7 months ago #18289

• Tyler Wood
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Cornelius, that lesson was very helpful in explaining in further detail the formulas. I was hoping that the lesson would expound more on the terms Free Float and Total Float and their distinction using the values in the Activity Nodes. Can you explain those in further detail since there are activities with different values?

My confusion/frustration with the PMBOK guide is in Figure 6-16, the Total Float of activity B is 5 and the guide says that the Free Float of activity B is also 5. It is difficult to understand the differences when the number is the same.

Thank you for your help and the PM PrepCast. I have learned so much and am still diving in, preparing to take the exam on Nov 15th.

Project Schedule Network Diagram Seperate Lesson 4 years 6 months ago #18424

• Tyler Wood
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Can anyone help with my free float vs total float question using the example in the video?
Last edit: by Tyler Wood.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login