fbpx

Reply: Quality control measurements and its use as i/p to manage qualty process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Quality control measurements and its use as i/p to manage qualty process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18222

Donald Terry

Vivek,

You are very welcome. Best of luck with your exam preparations.
4 years 7 months ago #18221

VIVEK GUPTA

Perfect! Thanks for quick response and detailed explanation using an example.
4 years 7 months ago #18219

Donald Terry

Hi Vivek,

Quality control measurements are just any measurements that have been taken in support of the Control Quality process. For example, let's say you are producing ball bearings to be used in a prototype. You might measure the size and weight of the ball bearings to ensure they conform to the previously established standards. Those measurements are considered a project document which might be used later in the project.

The quality control measurements serve as an input to the Manage Quality process. For example, you might use these measurements as part of an audit to ensure the methodology of collecting the measurements is in compliance with established policies and procedures.

I hope that helps as you prepare for the exam.
4 years 7 months ago #18215

VIVEK GUPTA

Hi Experts,

I have following queries regarding quality control measurements.

1. I want to understand what exactly is a Quality control measurement, PMBOK doesn't explain this properly. Could you explain with example?
2. How/why this is used as an input to Manage quality process? In PMBOK, it says - " Quality control measurements can also compare the processes used to create the measurements and validate actual measurements to determine their level of correctness" . Could you please elaborate this?

Thanks in advance,
Vivek

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login