fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam on First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam on First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 7 months ago #18279

Navneet Samra

Hello -

I also passed my exam on the first attempt yesterday. I got above target in each section. The prepcast exam simulator was a great tool for me to identify my knowledge gaps. Below is a summary of what worked for me:

- Rita's book - 6th edition. Read this twice. The 2nd time helped to pull the concepts together for me. I also started making notes the 2nd time around as writing things down helps me to remember.
- After reading Rita's + some PMBOK, I did exam simulator for 2.5 weeks and reviewed all my incorrect answered in detail. Along the way I also marked any questions I felt I was guessing on and read the detailed descript + referenced the PMBOK (I love how the answer's tell you what page on PMBOK the answer is from)
- Regarding the exam simulator, my biggest challange was getting a good mark within the 4 hour limit. So I wrote each exam in the exam simulator twice and that helped with my overall speed. My 2nd attemps at the exam I was yeliding 85%+. My first attemps were between 70% - 75%
- I also had the prepcast but didnt have enough time to watch past module 4.

The exam was actually harder than the Exam Simulator questions only because the exam questions were quite wordy in some cases. I used the full 4 hours

Good luck to everyone. Hope these details help.
4 years 7 months ago #18243

Donald Terry

Toni Elston, PMP wrote: I passed my exam today. PrepCast played a huge part in getting me prepared for the exam. Thank you so much!

Congratulations on passing the exam, Toni! Glad to hear that the PM PrepCast was helpful.

Best of luck with you future endeavors!
4 years 7 months ago #18241

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats, Toni! Well done!
4 years 7 months ago #18227

Toni Elston, PMP

's Avatar

I passed my exam today. PrepCast played a huge part in getting me prepared for the exam. Thank you so much!
4 years 7 months ago #18191

Donald Terry

Hi Dagmar,

Congratulations on passing the exam! This is a great accomplishment. I am very pleased to hear that the PM PrepcCast and Exam Simulator were helpful in your exam preparations.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.
4 years 7 months ago #18187

DS

Hi,
confirming: "Big thank to PM PrepCast Simulator", passed PMP test today on my first try.
The simulator is very close to real exam experience, on type of problem and ask for the best fit solution. Starting to read the questions on the real exam, and feeling it is no big surprise, took a lot of the initial stress away.
I had a short time to prepare, so managed to run only 5 full 200 question tests, 5 x20 and 2x100 simulations, still, I am very grateful.
Going through bad and good answer's reasoning and even catching where that detail is in the latest PMBOK made the whole difference in my preparation for the real exam! Educative, useful and fun!
Thank you, Cornelius and PM PrepCast team, you have been the most helpful with your tool and also support!
Dagmar

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login