fbpx

Reply: Study Plan Template

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Study Plan Template

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18070

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Ryan,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your study plan with us here in the forum.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
4 years 8 months ago #18060

Ryan Kingery

I'm not sure what online course you're talking about, but I'll give you my study plan - I just passed on the 1st attempt, with no prior knowledge of PMP after studying for a month. I went through a PMP boot camp course in June and did the following to prepare for my exam:

1. Took notes on each knowledge area from Rita's guide which was offered through the course.
2. Re-read each knowledge area one by one in Rita's guide, and took multiple 20 question learning quizzes from this site until I scored 75% on each knowledge area (making sure to use questions that were previously asked each time). This was HUGE in getting me in the right mindset for the exam. I found that I needed to disqualify most of the answers in order to find the "most right' response, which was a big help on the actual exam.
3. Read the PMBOK, taking notes on areas that I was not strong in.
4. Started taking full exams from this site - Another big help. I did 4 exams prior to taking my test, and scored between 80-85% on each. These were another big help in prepping me for the test.
5. Re-read the PMBOK and Rita's guide the day prior and day of exam to refresh any weak areas.

I ended up scoring above target on 4/5 areas and at target on 1. The tests on this site and reading the PMBOK helped me the most in my studying. I found that many of the free test question sites were too simple, and really enjoyed having the instant feedback from the questions here. I also feel that reading through the PMBOK and taking notes is a must - my scores on the practice test really improved after doing that.
4 years 8 months ago #17991

Francis Michael Sheehan

I may have missed this - does anyone have a study plan template based on the video on-line course that they are willing to share - ideally as an Excel spreadsheet? Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login