fbpx

Reply: The New PMP Exam: What Questions do YOU have for PMI?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : The New PMP Exam: What Questions do YOU have for PMI?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18020

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Cornelius,

I have a follow-up question for PMI regarding a PMP exam policy at Pearson Vue test centers starting July 1, 2019, rather than a query about the new PMP exam content starting December 16, 2019.

I spoke to a PMI Customer Care representative in late May regarding page 28 of the Project Management Professional (PMP) Handbook (revised 1 April 2019). It states in the section What to Expect at the Testing Center,

"Candidates may only have either one booklet of scratch paper or two marker boards at their testing terminal at any given time." See PMI's PMP handbook, page 28, paragraph 2, first and last sentences: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/project-management-professional-handbook.pdf

Pearson Vue’s policy in my area, however, is that PMP candidates may only have one note board at their testing terminal at any given time. This is the policy stated in PMI’s CAPM handbook, as well. See PMI’s CAPM handbook, page 33, paragraph 1: https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/certified-associate-project-management-handbook.pdf

If PMI's PMP handbook is inaccurate, when will it be revised to reflect the current policy of Pearson Vue test centers? The PMI Customer Care representative told me he would check into the policy in the online PMP Handbook and follow-up with an email to me. I haven’t seen a response in my email from PMI to the query.

I wasn’t sure if this query was off-topic (exam content vs. exam policy) or something you’d be interested in having PMI clarify in your podcast interview.

Thank you,
Lisa
Attachments:
4 years 9 months ago #17982

Cornelius Fichtner

I have requested to do a podcast interview with PMI regarding the new PMP exam. PMI accepted and I'm currently developing a list of questions to ask.

So I wanted to reach out and ask all of my students: What questions do YOU have for PMI and the upcoming PMP exam change?

Let me know and I'll try to include as many as possible.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login