Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on the first attempt - June 28th

Passed the PMP on the first attempt - June 28th 2 months 1 week ago #17948

• Tim Miller
  • Tim  Miller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed the PM on the first attempt. All were "at target" except for initiate, which was below target. I wasn't trying to ace a "pass or fail" exam!!!
I took a PMP prep-course at my local PMI chapter (PMI-OC) where I learned about Cornelius's materials. I used the simulator and the Math formula products. I have a problem with math and the Formula product really organized everything so well and presented it in a manor that brought me from zero to passing 90% of formula questions that I worked on in the simulator or elsewhere.
Also, I would take quizzes and then look at the ones I failed to figure out why I failed - as I gained momentum (20 questions, 30 questions, etc) I would keep "a Project Manager's book of forms" open. This helped to build a mental visual and served as a tactile experience ( I dont use some of these forms in my day-to-day).
The hardest part was sitting there for four hours and doing 200 questions. It's physical - like doing 200 push-ups in an allotted time. I think people don't fully realize that. Try to do as many un-interrupted 4 hour tests (then review the missed questions) as you can, in the last two week before your test, then review the questions - (in my opinion) no pain no gain!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dilara Crosby
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily RiveraMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on September 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...