fbpx

Reply: Dobut in one of Gap

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Dobut in one of Gap

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17808

Gaurav Saxena

Thanks Joe,
i got this question from one of group and the person who have posted this question, have told about source.

Am i correct by saying that it is everyone's job to manage quality , however Project team \ Project manager ( on page 676, The project manager should be both the leader and the manager of the project) team. ) is responisble are responsible for managing quality in waterfall kind project

May i please ask who are part of Project team ( project manager, stake holders , sponsor )
4 years 9 months ago #17796

Joe Pang

I feel that the question plus its 4 answers are a little vague, and they could use a little more detail. I also agree that "Project Team" is the best answer. Let me explain:

This is taken from pg 290 in PMBOK 6: "Manage Quality is considered the work of everybody - the PM, the project team, the project sponsor, the maangement of the performing organization and even the customer"

So why isn't the answer suppose to be D) Everyone? While everyone should be putting their work into the Manage Quality process to make sure the processes/deliverables are of the highest quality. The question asks for "Who is responsible for managing quality.

From the same paragraph on pg 290:

"In traditional projects, quality management is often the responsibility of specific team members"

Using that logic, this is how they came up with the answer B ) Project Team

In my humble opinion, the question itself is an example of poor quality and lazy writing. It could use a few more sentences to elaborate, ex. what type of project it is (agile vs traditional), and whether it is referring to the Manage Quality process or overall quality management, last but not least it did not ask who is solely responsible. This would eliminate confusion and inconsistencies.

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 9 months ago #17794

Gaurav Saxena

Source- Joseph Philips.
Correct answer- The project team ( the individuals completing the project work ).
Project champion may review the work but not the responsibility.
Stakeholder and Everyone- stakeholders are not solely responsilbe for the quality and everyone can't be solely responsible.

could you please review and suggest which one is correct.
4 years 9 months ago #17793

Donald Terry

I agree with Joseph that maintaining quality is everyone's responsibility. Perhaps an argument can be made that "everyone" is too broad as it could be interpreted as individuals that are not even stakeholders or part of the performing organization. However, managing quality goes beyond the project team. For example, the project sponsor is not part of the project team, but certainly has responsibility for the success of the project including the quality of deliverables. Similarly, the performing organization as whole should have some role in maintaining quality.

Also, please post the source of this question per forum policy. It would be interesting to see their explanation and supporting references.
4 years 9 months ago #17791

Gaurav Saxena

Thanks, but Answer was 2nd. i.e " Project team". Looking for more guidance.
4 years 9 months ago #17790

Joseph John

Maintaining quality is every ones responsiblity

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login