fbpx

Reply: Configuration managment under requirement management plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Configuration managment under requirement management plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17746

Ashvini K. Chhabra

While reading page 137 of pmbok 6's chapter about scope management , I found that one of the contents of requirement management plan is configuration management activities such as how changes will be initiated,how impacts will be analyzed, how they will be traced, tracked and reported as well as authorization levels to approve those changes.

To my best of understanding , the activities mentioned above refer to change management system as a whole rather than as a part of only configuration management . As far as I know configuration management pertains to the specifications & physical characteristics of the project artifacts.

Please share your inputs whether my observation about this statement of PMBOK 6 "configuration management activities such as how changes will be initiated,how impacts will be analyzed, how they will be traced, tracked and reported as well as authorization levels to approve those changes. " is correct or wrong.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login