fbpx

Reply: PMP question on lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP question on lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17748

Aarati Sonkusare

Thank you so much for your response!
4 years 10 months ago #17739

Donald Terry

Hi Aarati,

The lessons learned register, as defined by PMI is "A project document used to record knowledge gained during a project so that it can be used in the current project and entered into the lessons learned repository." The lessons learned repository is an organizational process asset. Thus the 'best' answer would be to review the lessons learned repository, but that answer choice is not provided as an option. Therefore, in my personal opinion, I would go with OPA as the correct answer over the lessons learned register.

I am wondering if this particular question has not been updated for the 6th edition of the PMBOK® Guide. If I recall correctly, the concept of the lessons learned repository was introduced in the 6th edition. In your preparations, make sure that your study material has been updated to the 6th edition to avoid confusion.
4 years 10 months ago #17723

Joe Pang

Hi Aarati,

In the PMP exam, your aim is to select the most relevant answer. I'd say OPA is definitely not wrong but in this instance, a better answer is present (The lesson learned register).

I do agree that the wording in that question could be written a little better. I realize it happens to a lot of the free PMP exam simulators out there. To ensure your exam prep is as flawless as possible, I strongly recommend a reputable product like Prepcast.

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 10 months ago #17701

Aarati Sonkusare

Please see the attached image that has a PMP QUESTION. I don't understand why the correct answer is lessons learned and not OPA, because OPA includes lessons learned and much more. Any help is appreciated! [attachment =294]423D38A7-592F-48A1-9460-0E381957C9B2.png[/attachment]
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login