fbpx

Reply: 20 days out from my exam date

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 20 days out from my exam date

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17628

Daniel Kokkos

Thanks for the advice. I will definately do that. It seems I am week in risk overall. It is definately a difficult area. Same with Change Control There are many different topics online as to what to do first on exam questions with Change control. Do you fill out CR first and then choose to analyze? Do you analyze and then fill out CR? Do you find the cause of the changes? etc.

I think I am going to dump the 49 processes and some formulas n(n-1)/2, EMV , EV, ETC.

I was studying Ritas change management last night.
4 years 9 months ago #17619

Amy Martinez

Hi Daniel-

That is a pretty good score for you 100 question quiz! From my own experience, I found that focusing on the areas that I scored low in or where I was having difficulty truly understanding the concepts was helpful the few weeks leading up to the day of my exam. I focused on re-reading sections of the PMBOK and Rita's book for those specific topics and then took mini exams that targeted those areas (i.e. change management, scope management, etc.) I continued to listen to the PM Prepcast to stay fresh on all topics and took 3 mock full exams the 2 weekends prior to my test. I'm not an advocate for cramming before a big exam as its not an effective learning style for me. I'm not best at memorization, but better at truly understanding the concepts and then responding to them when asked specific questions.

So my recommendation would be:
1. Identify areas that need improvement
2. Re-read sections of PMBOK, Rita's or the PM Prepcast that focus on those topics
3. Take some mini prep quizzes targeting your week areas
4. Incorporate at least 1 full mock exam prior to your scheduled test date

Hope this helps!
4 years 9 months ago #17618

Daniel Kokkos

I am three weeks out from my test. Here is my overall results from my first attempt. I recently took a 100 question quiz and recieved a 79. At this point I need to find some micro adjustments to make some improvements. Things like change control, risk management and Stakeholder management. I have read the PMBOK, Ritas, Joseph Phillips, PMBOK Q+A , Watch Ricardo Vargas Video, as well as some others.

What advice can you all give to give me the push to put me into a guaranteed win? I will continue my mocks, but should I go back and read chapters? Should I go back and watch cram course from Joseph Phillips? PMBOK? More videos? Something else? I want to make some good use of my time and be efficient with my strategy as I am 3 weeks out. Any thoughts would be appreciated from Cornelius and team/community.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login