fbpx

Reply: Failed the first attempt - practical study advise for second attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed the first attempt - practical study advise for second attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19323

Aneela Chinta

i Failed my PMP in the first Attempt too. English is my second language. can i ask PMI to give me 6 hours exam window the way you did? Understanding the question taking me a longtime due to language barrier. please advise me.
you can email your feedback to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
4 years 3 months ago #19322

Aneela Chinta

i Failed my PMP in the first Attempt too. English is my second language. can i ask PMI to give me 6 hours exam window the way you did? Understanding the question taking me a longtime due to language barrier. please advise me.
you can email your feedback to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
4 years 8 months ago #17959

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi,
How long it takes PMI to review and approve your request?
4 years 8 months ago #17954

Borislav Belinski

Hello Cornelius
Today I passed my PMP exam (on the second try). The results are pretty good - all domains "Above Target", except the Closing one, which is "Target". I had enough time to review my marked questions (about 30 minutes at the end). I changed the answers for 6 of them after careful review. I feel that heavy load came off my shoulders. Thank you for your support. For all who are reading this I used your simulator, but in addition I practiced and completed all test with two more online simulators - PMtraining.com and PMmasterprep.com. It took me actually years since I first started studying in 2016...But actually I only actively practiced using simulators since Feb 2019 (about 5 months). I think the total questions I answered are more than 3500...My advise to those who are taking the exam is to read very carefully the latest PMBOK guide and practice as much as possible with sample questions as well as learn very well the processes and specifically the ones related to Change Requests and Approved Changes, Data-Information-Report Flow, Deliverables - Approved Deliverables, and in summary all the correct sequences in Planning group...That's all guys! Have a great summer!!!
4 years 8 months ago #17868

Cornelius Fichtner

Temitope,

If you hadn't said "I'm migrating at the end of July" I would have suggested that you do not try and take the exam again within 2 weeks. As I write in my new article about " How to recover from a failed PMP exam " going for a second attempt almost it right away is not recommended. But... you have a clear deadline and I understand the need for speed.

I think what you have already done -- analyze your exam report and realize where you need to improve -- is a great start. So I would recommend that you continue to study those areas, but also to continue to take sample exams and then do a "deep dive" into every single question you get wrong or got correct but it was just a lucky guess. Please check out the article. There are many more tips in there.
4 years 8 months ago #17867

Temitope Babs-jonah

Hi,
i took the PMP exam on the 28th of June, i was so sure i had passed only to see at the end that i did not. i was crushed, but for some reason i snapped out of it, i have spent the entire weekend analyzing my result.
i was marked need improvement on closing and execution. i was surprised on the evaluation of the execution but after a few quiz on closing yesterday i realized that i needed to read more on closing, execution i seem to be ok just made a few silly mistakes.

i really want to take the exam in 2 weeks, by taking alot more simulations, i only took about 4 the first time. what would you advise, Another reason for wanting to take the exam soon, is becasue its best while the zeal is still there and at the end of July i will be migrating with my family .

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login