fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Why is risk register not updated in the Quantitative risk analysis.

Why is risk register not updated in the Quantitative risk analysis. 4 years 10 months ago #17568

• Sid Mishra
  • Sid  Mishra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
According to PMBOK only risk report is updated. I understand that the ITTOs are not exhaustive but it seems odd that the risk registered is ignored here.
Last edit: by Sid Mishra.

Why is risk register not updated in the Quantitative risk analysis. 4 years 10 months ago #17637

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Sid,

The purpose of Quantitative Risk Analysis is to numerically analyze the risks that ranked highest in qualitative risk analysis. Since the priority of risks has been decided in the previous process, there is very little reason to edit the risk register at this point.

If there is a chance that your numerical findings impact the priority of the risks, you will need to go back to the Qualitative Risk Analysis process again.

Hope this helps.
-Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: MM
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login