fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned Register vs Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned Register vs Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24432

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Ahang,

sorry to hear that. I was referring to the general meaning of the two terms. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the question you refer to, so I cannot be helpful on that; I am sure there will be some hints in the question that would direct towards a different answer.
I would recommend you to use the Live Feedback function to get specific clarifications on that questions and all the options provided.

Gabriella
3 years 4 months ago #24367

Ahang Baghschomali

's Avatar

Hi Gabriella,
I unsuccessfully challanged the "right" answer of the PREPCAST EXAM SIMULATOR Question -ID : 612599. According to your statement, A must be the right answer! I am confused because I thought I know the difference now!
Thx
Yours
Ahang
3 years 5 months ago #23912

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi Ahang,

it is the lessons learned repository that contains information and lessons learned from previous projects (or phases); in fact, at the end of each project or phase, you will transfer all the information collected in the lessons learned register to the lessons learned repository, which is an OPA.

Hope this clarifies your question,

Gabriella
3 years 5 months ago #23861

Ahang Baghschomali

's Avatar

Hi,
I had that difficulty by one Prepcast Exam question offering the lessons learned rgister and the lessons learned repository as the possilbe right answer (Question 613609). Do I understand it in a right way, if I say that the lessons learned register has no use for the current project or phase and it is a contribution for the future phases and project?
4 years 9 months ago #17584

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

PMBOK page 104 section 4.4.3.1 last paragraph stated that "at the end of a project or phase", the information in the Lessons Learned Register will be transferred to Lessons Learned Repository.
Updating the lessons learned register is an ongoing process from the start to the end of the project or phase, once you complete the project or phase, you will then transferred to the lessons learned repository.
4 years 9 months ago #17566

Daniel Kokkos

All, I am partly confused on the Lessons Learned Register. Isn't it while the project is in play you would add information tot he register but when the project is complete it would be the lessons learned repository? The question I had stated that if you are in a multiphase project you would add lessons learned to the repository if you were in other phases. Is that the case? Could someone clarify this?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login