fbpx

Reply: What is a release day for new PMBOK

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : What is a release day for new PMBOK

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17586

Cornelius Fichtner

Cynthia is correct, except for one small thing: PMI officially announced today that the OLD exam content outline will be valid until 2019-Dec-15. The NEW exam content outline will be valid starting 2019-Dec-16.

We're working on an article about this that will be published in the coming days.
4 years 10 months ago #17583

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

PMI usually released an updated version every 4-5 years.

The PMBOK 5th edition was released in 2013 and the 6th edition was released in September 2017. This means that you won't get a newer PMBOK version until sometimes in 2021 or 2022. Therefore, if you are preparing for the exams anytime now to anytime before 2021, you will be using PMBOK 6th edition.

As for the exam content outline, the current version was published in June 2015 and so it is time to publish a newer version in June 2019. I think the update is needed in lieu of the new exam platform (from Prometric to Pearson). This means that if you are taking exams after June 2019, you will have to refer to the new exam content outline. Some of the exam questions come from the "Performance Domain" section and so it is important to ensure that you read them.

Hope this helps :)
4 years 10 months ago #17542

New PMBOK version

's Avatar

Hi all,

As I am preparing to take the exam soon on PMBOK Version 6. I was wondering when this version will change to a new one? and when should we expect the exam to be based on a new release PMBOK version.

Meantime, on this link below there is a message saying (June 2019, New PMP Exam Content Outline available.) Any idea what they mean by that? is that related to a new PMBOK version?
www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project...mp/exam-prep/changes

Thanks,
Amin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login