fbpx

Reply: Last 2 wks before PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Last 2 wks before PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17554

Anonymous

's Avatar

How did your exam go?
4 years 10 months ago #17544

Von Karl Katindoy

Hi Cornelius, Cynthia and Anne,

Happy to share with you that I passed my PMP exam today. :-)

Looking back, I believe Cornelius's PM Exam Simulator proved to be PIVOTAL in helping me deconstruct and synthesize all the concepts and ideas from the PMBOK . While ACTIVELY (i.e., writing notes on the margins and highlighting key words and phrases) reading the PMBOK 6th edition, the PMBOK Q&A and the Rita 9th edition cannot be overemphasised, it was the simulator that helped me better understand the PMBOK concepts and ideas in the context of situational questions. More importantly, the explanations behind all the errors I committed vis a vis' the explanations behind the correct answers made me better appreciate and understand the labyrinthine characteristic of the PMBOK. Guess what? On exam day, I practically imbibed the persona of the PM Exam Simulator explainer so much so that as I was reviewing all the answers I marked (with the remaining time that I had - roughly 1.5 hours left - that's what you get for getting used to answering 1,400 questions from the PM Prepcast) I found myself asking questions like: in which process group is this happening?; under which knowledge area?; given the context clues, what is the next thing a PM should do?; or if the PM is already doing this as stated in the problem, then it follows that this or that process is already done; as such, what is the next thing that a PM should do?; are you sure?; is there another possible next step that the PMBOK specifies?; can you look again?; are you missing anything in your analysis?

There's just one downside which ultimately is an upside. I have a feeling that the PM Prepcast Exam Simulator is more difficult than the actual exam. For weeks, I felt miserable about the exam results that I would get as I felt my progress was not showing even if I knew and I felt I was understanding the PMBOK material with each post- exam analysis. Then again, maybe it's because I've gotten so used to the difficulty of the PM Prepcast that it translated to a more relaxed exam taking experience on exam day.

So once again, thank you very much, Cornelius and team! I'm looking forward to leveraging your expertise for my future certifications in other areas of specialization. Agile perhaps? We will see.

Gratefully,

Von.
4 years 10 months ago #17474

Cornelius Fichtner

4 years 10 months ago #17473

Samuel Alexander

's Avatar

Where did you find the PMI exam outline?
4 years 10 months ago #17409

Von Karl Katindoy

Thanks, Cynthia!

Great suggestion!

Will find time for using Simpliearn and the PMBOK Q&A. Both use the multiple choice approach.

Thanks again.
4 years 10 months ago #17407

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Just saw Anne's post after clicking the "submit" button in my previous post.
Anne is right, read the Exam outline. There will be questions from the exam outline.

Anne. Congratulations on passing your exams! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login