fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Analysis of Impact of Change Requests

Analysis of Impact of Change Requests 4 years 10 months ago #17344

• Ben Chalfie
  • Ben Chalfie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does the project manager (and project team) or the Change control board perform the analysis to determine how a change request impacts all the project constraints? It's my understanding the analysis should be done prior to submitting the change request and coupled with several proposed corrective/preventive actions?

Analysis of Impact of Change Requests 4 years 10 months ago #17345

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Personally, I would put this responsibility on the shoulders of the project team and not the change control board. On every project that I managed, I saw it as our responsibility to review and assess change requests. Primarily because some of them can get pretty down into the technical details, which is knowledge that the decision makers often don't have.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login