fbpx

Reply: Relationship between Corrective Actions and Change Requests

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Relationship between Corrective Actions and Change Requests

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17333

Ben Chalfie

Thanks Cynthia. What's the breakdown of responsibility between the project manager and CCB for analyzing the impact of a change request on other constraints? I'm looking at Rita's book, and it implies that the project manager only examines the impact of a change within a particular knowledge area before submitting a change request. Is the project manager still involved with analyzing impacts on other project areas and identifying the best corrective action even after submitting the change request?
4 years 10 months ago #17323

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

When you use a schedule compression technique, chances are you know you are not going to meet a deadline, and so even though it won't affect your schedule baseline, using this technique typically result in increased risk and/or costs. Therefore, in reality, project manager will do some initial calculation and risk analysis (e.g., staff acquisition, cost of overtime, etc.) to see whether it is viable to use this technique. If there is any impact in cost, change request is needed. If there is no effect (which is very highly unlikely) with any of the baselines , then you don't have to submit a change request.
4 years 10 months ago #17305

Ben Chalfie

If I decide to implement a schedule compression technique, do I need to submit a change request even though I know the results of that action won't change my schedule baseline? Put another way, do you submit change requests when you're unsure if an action in a particular knowledge area will affect the baseline or planned performance of another knowledge area?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login