fbpx

Reply: After 2nd fail wait for the exam exaire to retake 3 fresh attempts

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : After 2nd fail wait for the exam exaire to retake 3 fresh attempts

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17181

Cornelius Fichtner

Yes. If you do not take/pass your exam within the 1-year period you will have to start with an 'empty' application. You will also have to pay all the fees again.
4 years 11 months ago #17179

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks for your detailed explanation, very helpful.
I have reviewed the link you shared with me. it's mentioned "If your eligibility period exires without your passing the examination, you must reapply for the certification"
reapply for certificate, does that mean i have to fill up pmp application for auditing and checking my eligibility once again?

Thanks
4 years 11 months ago #17176

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Hello!

I took a look at the PMI PMP Exam handbook www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...ssional-handbook.pdf

Page 31 states that "If you fail the examination three times within your one-year eligibility period, you must wait one year from the date of the last examination you took to reapply for the certification...... If your eligibility period expires without you passing the examination, you must reapply for the certification".

This would mean if your one-year application period is near expiring and you did not attempt the 3rd time, you can reapply for the certification again after the expiration date, and so you don't have to wait for another year (if you fail in your 3rd attempt). However, note the negative aspect of letting your application expires:
(1) you may be randomly selected for audit
(2) the exam fee will be more expensive than the re-exam fee
(3) you still have to wait for PMI's approval before you can schedule your next exam date (although this will give you more time to study).

As mentioned by Cornelius (the link you posted), this would be a personal choice since you have to take into consideration your time, work, family, etc. :)
4 years 11 months ago #17167

Don't take 3rd attempt exam

's Avatar

Hi all,

It is clear that if I fail the PMP exam three times within one year time frame, I have to wait for one year before taking the exam again. However, under this link shared at PMP PrepCast, it's mentioned that if someone fail at second attempt instead of going head first through this wall and failing for a third time, simply let your PMP® Exam application expire, apply again and give yourself another year and 3 fresh attempts). this indicates that if I don't take the third attempt then it will be considered as expired, then I can start a 3rd fresh attempt for next year.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/131-...-fail-pmp-exam-twice

All other websites and YouTube talk about failing 3rd attempt. I didn't come across such rule anywhere else. Please correct me if I miss understood the comment on that link.

Thanks,
Rawand

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login