fbpx

Reply: Failed PMP Today.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMP Today.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17170

Mike Stine

This is awesome thank you!
4 years 11 months ago #17169

Anonymous

's Avatar

This is awesome thank you!
4 years 11 months ago #17157

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

You are welcome! :)
If is fine to learn by knowledge areas but make sure you are able to connect the ITTOs by process groups. Here is an example on change requests:
www.dummies.com/careers/project-manageme...-certification-exam/

Hope this helps. :)
4 years 11 months ago #17154

Mike Stine

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I will continue to retake the exam. I was using both Rita’s Simulator and Prepcast. I will look I to what are my gaps in each domains. To me its a bit hard since Ive been learning by Knowledge area.
4 years 11 months ago #17152

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Hi Gina. Don't be disheartened. I know many PMPs out there who walked the same path as you. They didn't give up but persevere and try again. The good thing is you will be given another 2 chances within a year to pass your PMP exams. Here is what I would recommend for your next steps:
1. Look at your schedule, take into consideration your work, social, family, vacation, etc., and how much time and effort you want to put into your 2nd attempt.
2. Draw up a study plan and stick to it.
3. Once you identified a good date to take the exam, go ahead and book it (note the changes in exam format).
4. Purchase the exam simulator (if you have not) and keep practicing the questions every day.
Questions on M&C can be very tricky because it can trick you into thinking it is a question relating to Executing or other process groups, so you can use the simulator to practice and understand where your knowledge gaps are in M&C. Also, in your previous post, you mentioned there were many procurement and change requests questions, you may want to start revising those areas and see where your knowledge gaps are as well. Also, don't neglect the other process groups while doing revision on M&C.
Good luck on your next attempt! :)
“It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” ~ Confucius
4 years 11 months ago #17131

Mike Stine

I am so hurt. :( When I saw how close my line was close to the threshold of passing bar, I wanted to CRY.
I didn't think one could fail due to 1 domain. What should be my next steps?

Initiating-Target
Planning-Above Target
Executing-Above Target
Monitoring and Controlling: Needs Improvement
Closing- Target

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login