fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Filling out the application, I have questions

Filling out the application, I have questions 4 years 11 months ago #17002

• Shannon Davis
  • Shannon Davis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am currently filling out the application to sit for the exam and will likely have more questions which I will try to keep to this one thread so as to not block up the page.
Right now the question that I have is : While I am preparing for the exam I am currently not employed so as to devote more attention to my studies, PMI is asking for a work address but I don't have one, what should be put into that space ?

Filling out the application, I have questions 4 years 11 months ago #17033

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Shannon,

I think the purpose of the contact address is for PMI to be able to reach you via mail (ie. PMP certificate). If you don't have a work address, you can use your home address instead.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Filling out the application, I have questions 4 years 11 months ago #17088

• Shannon Davis
  • Shannon Davis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you for the information Joe. I also have a question about documenting experience. The projects that I would like to document are all very long difficult to describe projects that I could literally write a book about , but I have no idea how to try to make it all fit into 550 characters . Is there a suggested format for trying to get all of the correct information that PMI is looking for ? I have seen some examples , but they don't seem to have any real formatting to them, and have seen several opposing posts on the subject, I have seen some that list out hours experience in each knowledge area and others that simply give a very limited project description. I am currently trying to put something together and keep finding that 550 characters is just not enough space.

Filling out the application, I have questions 4 years 11 months ago #17097

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Shannon,

I had a similar situation when I was filing for my application, as I too managed a multi-year project. The key is to keep it at a high level, use abbreviations and PMBOK processes/tools & techniques whenever possible.

Prepcast has an excellent article on this topic: Link

Cheers,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login