Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Filling out the application, I have questions

Filling out the application, I have questions 2 months 3 weeks ago #17002

• Shannon Davis
  • Shannon Davis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am currently filling out the application to sit for the exam and will likely have more questions which I will try to keep to this one thread so as to not block up the page.
Right now the question that I have is : While I am preparing for the exam I am currently not employed so as to devote more attention to my studies, PMI is asking for a work address but I don't have one, what should be put into that space ?

Filling out the application, I have questions 2 months 2 weeks ago #17033

• Joe Pang
  • Thank you received: 52
Hi Shannon,

I think the purpose of the contact address is for PMI to be able to reach you via mail (ie. PMP certificate). If you don't have a work address, you can use your home address instead.
Toronto-based project manager, currently engaging in paperless transformation projects for utilities companies

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Filling out the application, I have questions 2 months 1 week ago #17088

• Shannon Davis
  • Shannon Davis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you for the information Joe. I also have a question about documenting experience. The projects that I would like to document are all very long difficult to describe projects that I could literally write a book about , but I have no idea how to try to make it all fit into 550 characters . Is there a suggested format for trying to get all of the correct information that PMI is looking for ? I have seen some examples , but they don't seem to have any real formatting to them, and have seen several opposing posts on the subject, I have seen some that list out hours experience in each knowledge area and others that simply give a very limited project description. I am currently trying to put something together and keep finding that 550 characters is just not enough space.

Filling out the application, I have questions 2 months 1 week ago #17097

• Joe Pang
  • Thank you received: 52
Hi Shannon,

I had a similar situation when I was filing for my application, as I too managed a multi-year project. The key is to keep it at a high level, use abbreviations and PMBOK processes/tools & techniques whenever possible.

Prepcast has an excellent article on this topic: Link

Cheers,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, currently engaging in paperless transformation projects for utilities companies

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
17-Jul-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...