fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Contingency cost in Bussines case ?

Contingency cost in Bussines case ? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16972

• Nachiketa
  • Nachiketa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looking for an answer.

which cost should be calculated /included in Business Case ? can we include contingency cost in business case.?

Contingency cost in Bussines case ? 5 years 3 weeks ago #16979

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Nachiketa,

In the PMP exam standpoint, the purpose of the business case is to determine whether the expected outcomes of the project justify the required investment. In the PMBOK 6 there is no mentioning of cost in the business case (pg 30-32), therefore the project manager is not required to calculate any costs at this stage.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login