fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Can I apply for PMP exams with only my post graduate project as experience?

Can I apply for PMP exams with only my post graduate project as experience? 4 years 11 months ago #16948

• kila
  • kila's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The only experience i have in managing a project is doing my post graduate reseach project 2014. I have worked with others on research projects recently and in the past. Is this enough to apply for the PMP exams?

Can I apply for PMP exams with only my post graduate project as experience? 4 years 11 months ago #16959

• Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Kila,
Referring to PMI PMP handbook on page 6, to apply for PMP certification you will need a minimum of 36 weeks and at least 4500 hours of non-lapping professional project management experience leading and directing the project in all 5 process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, closing). If you have all the above-mentioned, you are eligible. You may want to download the handbook from PMI website at www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp to check your eligibility. The handbook also show you how to record your experience on the application (see page eight). Most importantly, bear in mind that in the event that you are randomly selected for audit, you will have to provide supporting documentation (see page 14). Hope this helps! :)
Last edit: by .

Can I apply for PMP exams with only my post graduate project as experience? 4 years 11 months ago #16965

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks very much for the advice Cynthia. really appreciate. will look that up.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login