fbpx

Reply: Scheduling the exam after June 2019

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Scheduling the exam after June 2019

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 8 months ago #18054

Cornelius Fichtner

Michelle,

Generally speaking, I think you described it correctly. You cannot schedule your exam until after PMI approves your application. However... you can always call the center, speak to a human and explain your situation. I'm pretty sure they will help.

Also, here is PMI's updated exam scheduling instructions document: www.pmi.org/update-center/-/media/pmi/do...dule-pearson-vue.pdf
4 years 8 months ago #18052

Michelle Navarro

How does exam scheduling work? I live in a small, rural community and will need to drive to a Pearson testing center and take a full day off work. I searched for Pearson PMP testing locations near me, and the closest is a little over an hour away. There are several 2-3 hours away.

How do I know when the various locations offer the PMP Exam? Do I have to wait until my application is approved before I know my exam site/date options? I have to complete this 35-hour Prepcast and obtain my certificate before I apply. I would love to know for certain that there will be a date in early November for me to take the exam before I apply. Right now, my schedule has me completing my application the first week of September. I have have a vacation in the middle of the month, and I am currently managing four projects at work, so I can't just 'power through' the courses.

Thank you.
4 years 11 months ago #16950

Cornelius Fichtner

We've published an article with information about the switch to Pearson VUE:

www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...ic-for-all-pmi-exams

We will update the article as more information is released by PMI.
4 years 11 months ago #16945

Cornelius Fichtner

We have just received the following announcement from PMI:

===================================================

All PMI Certification Exams Moving to Pearson VUE
In our Strategic Plan, we talked about our three-pronged approach to transform PMI to meet the future needs of our customers and the profession. One of those goals is to put customers at the forefront of our offerings (or become more customer-centric). The first change in 2019 is our switch to Pearson VUE to deliver all certification exams (except in China). It will benefit our customers with:
• Additional test locations. With more testing locations available, choosing a convenient test site is easier than ever.
• Online proctoring for PMI-ACP® and CAPM® exams. Now candidates can test online from their home or office for increased convenience and ease of access.
• Versatility to U.S. service members. Pearson VUE offers a global U.S. federal and military on-base test center network in the marketplace, allowing U.S. service and government members to test where they serve around the world.

Starting 1 April 2019, all remaining PMI certification (PMP®, PgMP®, PfMP®, PMI-PBA®, PMI-RMP® and PMI-SP®) exams will be available for scheduling through Pearson VUE. Testing with Pearson VUE will begin 1 July 2019. We will stop testing at Prometric for all PMI certifications on 30 June.

For more details and ongoing updates, go to PMI.org/update-center.

===================================================

We will provide more information about this to our students over the coming weeks.
4 years 11 months ago #16943

Hossam

's Avatar

Thank you . I just received the below from from Prometric . I believe this announcement is useful for other candidates as well :

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for contacting Prometric.

Please be informed that from the 1st of July all the appointments for PMI exams needs to be booked trough Personvue instead of Prometric on the link provided in my previous email.

We trust that this provides you with all necessary information for now.

If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us again.
4 years 11 months ago #16935

Cornelius Fichtner

Hossam,

I have not heard anything from PMI about this, so I cannot say. If this is coming, then I expect that we will be informed within the next 4-8 weeks.

However, if you need an immediate answer then please visit www.pmi.org/about/contact and use the "Chat" feature on the right to get in touch with PMI right away.

And if you do... let us know!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login