fbpx

Reply: Earning PDUs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Earning PDUs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 weeks ago #16756

's Avatar

Hi Pamela,

I saw you opened a ticket with us regarding the same query. We have already responded to this ticket. To avoid redundancy, may I know if you prefer to discuss the matter over here or through the Helpdesk ticket instead?
5 years 2 weeks ago #16754

Pamela Fowler

Hello
I clicked on the list to subscribe to the free podcasts it leads to the attached. I had already downloaded a pod cast app.. So when I click on the app it just shows the list of videos for PMBOK that I viewed to ewlarn my certification. Are there supposed to be new podcasts?

Thanks 

Pamela 
5 years 2 weeks ago #16746

's Avatar

Hi Pamela,

Both the PM Podcast and PDU Newsletters are free for you to use to earn your PDUs.

We have a paid subscription to the PM Podcast too for only $5/month so you can access all videos and transcripts of each episode but that's only if you sign up for the premium version.
5 years 2 weeks ago #16744

Pamela Fowler

Thank you so I can earn my education part of the PDUs by subscribing to free subscriptions and other free information? Or Is there a cost involved with this subscriptions and other information you have outline?
5 years 2 weeks ago #16731

's Avatar

Hi Pamela,

Firstly, congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!

I just checked your account with us and you purchased the PM PrepCast Elite based on the PMBOK Guide 6th Edition.

The point of earning PDUs to renew your certification is based on the premise that you are continuously improving - learning something new that you haven't already when you took the PMP Exam. On the PMP Handbook published by PMI on their website, it says the following:

"PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program supports the ongoing educational and professional development of our certification holders so they are always prepared to meet the demands
of today’s complex business environment."

Since you used the same material preparing for the PMP Exam, it wouldn't exactly be "new information" that is why it isn't valid. We only recommend the PrepCast for PDUs for people who have passed the PMP Exam before March 26, 2018 - when the new exam was last updated.

Here are other ways you can earn your PDUs:

1) Subscribe to the free PM Podcast ( www.pm-podcast.com/free ) and you can earn up to 60 PDUs (see www.pm-podcast.com/pdu ).

2) Purchase The Agile PrepCast Basic for $229.00 and earn 40.5 PDUs at www.project-management-prepcast.com/pdus/earn-agile-pdus .

3) Subscribe to The PDU Podcast ( www.pducast.com ) and earn over 21.75 Category A PDUs in your first year.

4) Subscribe to The Free PDU Insider Newsletter ( www.pdu-insider.com ) and you will receive regular emails with links to free webinars that you can take.

5) Attend the dinner meeting of your local PMI chapter starting this month and you can earn 1 PDU for every attendance.

These are just 5 basic ideas for earning PDUs. For more detailed information about PDUs and what else you can do, please take a look at The CCR Handbook. The information about PDUs starts on page 10. You can access the handbook by clicking on the following link:

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...rements-handbook.pdf (PDF document).

Hope this clarifies your concern. Please feel free to contact us anytime when you have any further questions or concerns. You can send us a message at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Have a nice day!
5 years 2 weeks ago #16729

Pamela Fowler

Why doesnt my final exam not count towards my PDUs? It appears that the PDUs pod casts are what I have already watched? I have to pay to watch them again to earn PDUs? Perhaps I don't fully understand the process.

Thanks
Pamela

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login