fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Simulator questions per knowledge area

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Simulator questions per knowledge area

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #16951

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Gaurav,

The PMP exam has changed considerably over the past five years. Back then, if you wanted to pass the exam, you needed to study and know most of the ITTOs by heart and be able to answer "ITTO questions". This is no longer really the case and we do not recommend that you memorize ITTOs any longer. Instead, we recommend that you study and learn WHY an ITTO is used in a particular process and how everything fits together. In the current exam, the questions are primarily situational.

But even so, many of our students have asked (begged?) us to have a least ONE exam where they can test their ITTO knowledge. This is why we have provided Exam 8 (ITTO only). This means that if you have NOT memorized the ITTOs then you will have a hard time in this exam. But again -- this is NOT what the current PMP exam is all about. Exams 1 - 7 are a better representation of the current exam, and, if you do not want to memorize the ITTOs, then you can ignore exam 8.

Regarding your second question, here is how to answer questions by knowledge area:

1. If you start Exam 1 - Exam 8, then you will be presented with 200 questions that are selected to simulate the real exam experience. You cannot choose anything.

2. If you start a Quiz (see BELOW the list of exams) then you can select exactly how many questions and from which knowledge area/domain you want them.

Please visit our tutorials page www.project-management-prepcast.com/tutorials and watch the tutorial on how to start a QUIZ.

Please note that both option 1 and 2 above take the questions from the same pool of 1,600 questions. So if you answer 1,000 questions using option 2 and then start Exam 4, you will most likely see some of the same questions again.
4 years 11 months ago #16949

Gaurav Saxena

Dear Team,
I just bought Exam simulator and tried to test my ITTO based exam, after just done 50 question i found myself in uncomfortable situation with my current understanding. questions like where it has asked to answer of 6th tool \ technique from the options. i don't memorize all the ITTO it is near by impossible. Kindly deal also please how to deal with such questions.

query 2- wish to test specific knowledge area \ process group based questions, kindly help please.
5 years 1 month ago #16507

Cornelius Fichtner

Hi Anna,

I just answered a similar question in a separate post of yours. I explained that you can indeed take quizzes by knowledge area or domain.

However... in order to use the simulator (whether full exams or quizzes), you have to start your 90-day access period.
5 years 1 month ago #16504

Anna Domenech Canals

Hello, I have bought the exam simulator but I still have not finished reading the PMBOCK. Can I found tests divided by knowledge area on the simulator? I don't want to start the 3 months period yet
if this is not possible as I am not yet able to answer questions on all topics

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login