fbpx

Reply: Difference between materials and goods

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Difference between materials and goods

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 5 months ago #805

Cornelius Fichtner

Tushar,

Let's first of all be clear and say that the difference between these two words is unimportant for the PMP Exam. I used them in the examples to explain what you might need in a project. And as you have already said: I see materials more like "raw materials" and goods more like "finished items". And on any given project it is possible that you may need both: In one task you need raw materials (i.e. concrete powder and water) to work with and on another task you may need a finished good (i.e. a ceiling lamp) that needs to be installed.
14 years 5 months ago #794

Tushar Joshi

Hi,

In Time Management knowledge and Estimating Activity Resources process you mention materials and goods as separate categories. Can you please elaborate on the difference between materials and goods.

From what I already know material shall be taken as raw material which gets converted to finished product which we also call as goods. If I apply this definition to these two categories then goods become the output of materials and processing

with regards
Tushar

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login