fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Difference between materials and goods

Difference between materials and goods 14 years 11 months ago #794

• Tushar Joshi
  • Tushar Joshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Sky is not the limit, it is a door to Galaxy!
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

In Time Management knowledge and Estimating Activity Resources process you mention materials and goods as separate categories. Can you please elaborate on the difference between materials and goods.

From what I already know material shall be taken as raw material which gets converted to finished product which we also call as goods. If I apply this definition to these two categories then goods become the output of materials and processing

with regards
Tushar
Tushar Joshi
SR Project Manager

Infospectrum India Pvt. Ltd. | 20, IT Park MIDC, Parsodi, Nagpur-440022, India.
Phone: +91 712 663 8178, 79 Extn: 315 | Cell: +91 982 222 0365
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | Website: http://www.info-spectrum.

Re:Difference between materials and goods 14 years 11 months ago #805

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 616
Tushar,

Let's first of all be clear and say that the difference between these two words is unimportant for the PMP Exam. I used them in the examples to explain what you might need in a project. And as you have already said: I see materials more like "raw materials" and goods more like "finished items". And on any given project it is possible that you may need both: In one task you need raw materials (i.e. concrete powder and water) to work with and on another task you may need a finished good (i.e. a ceiling lamp) that needs to be installed.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaBrent Lee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login