fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Control Scope module - Doubt on Review Question

Control Scope module - Doubt on Review Question 5 years 1 month ago #16464

• Santhosh Sridhar
  • Santhosh Sridhar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
In the attached review question at the end of the module, we are asked to pick an incorrect point about Control scope . I was thinking choice D was was the answer since the module says any kind of variance in scope is Bad. However, choice A is shown as the correct answer. Any thoughts or comments.
Attachments:

Control Scope module - Doubt on Review Question 5 years 1 month ago #16466

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Santhosh,

The missing key word is Control here

Remember this - All changes to the scope baseline must be monitored and controlled, and in Control Scope you are comparing the actual result with the baseline to determine if the variance is within the threshold amount or if corrective or preventive action is appropriate (PMBOK 6 pg 169-170)

To answer your question:

A) If proper Integrated Change Control procedures are performed, then the change is considered controlled and therefore not a scope creep
D) Again, if the variance is under control and within the threshold, it may prove beneficial to the project (ex. Less work but better result)
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner, Santhosh Sridhar
Last edit: by Joe Pang.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login