fbpx

Reply: Change requests

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Change requests

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16453

Julia Soligo

Hello,

I'm a little confused about when it would be necessary to follow a formal change request process and when not. The PMBOK is sometimes confusing about this. When it talks about project management plans updated as an output of a process, it says that a formal change request should be followed, but on the glossary it says that an Update is a modification to any deliverable, PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN COMPONENT, or project document not under formal change control. So, I believe that the configuration management plan of the particular project should specify which document/component would be under formal change control, but it is sometimes confusing when there is a question regarding this, if we should assume that a change request would be necessary or not.

Also, I know that before the baselines and project management plan being approved it is not necessary to follow the formal change request process. So, should we always assume that if we are in the planning phase the baselines are not yet approved/established, and no formal change request is necessary for any document?

Thank you!
Julia

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login