fbpx

Reply: Conflict management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Conflict management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16449

Julia Soligo

Thank you very much Joe! Your answer was really helpful.
5 years 1 month ago #16443

Joe Pang

Hi Julia,

I couldn't find a textbook example so I will use real life experience instead.

In one of my project planning meeting, there was a difference of opinion between two team members, things got pretty heated and emotional quickly.

I parked that specific topic for a later discussion. Asked to meet with the two team member individually and in private, and asked them about their expectations and why they felt they needed to stand their ground.

After knowing the full picture, I proposed a solution in the next meeting that meets both parties' criteria and the whole team gave a green light to that decision.

Hope this helps
5 years 2 months ago #16421

Julia Soligo

Hello,

I have a question regarding conflict management technique. On PMBOK page 348 it says that conflict should be addressed early and usually IN PRIVATE, using a Collaborative approach. But then on page 349 is says that the Collaborative approach incorporates MULTIPLE VIEWPOINTS AND INSIGHTS FROM DIFFERING PERSPECTIVES, so many stakeholders would need to be involved and the resolution wouldn't be IN PRIVATE any more?

Hope you can help me clarify this confusion. Thanks!
Julia

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login