fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam strategy thus far

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam strategy thus far

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16387

Joe Pang

Hi Daniel,

Doing 10-30 questions at a time is a great way to get comfortable with the exam settings. Once you get comfortable I would advise doing the full 200-question exam simulation. It will help you build exam endurance and let you better gauge how you will perform in the actual exam.
5 years 2 months ago #16385

Daniel Kokkos

I want to put my strategy out on this forum and ask everyone if what I'm doing makes sense and should I keep doing it.? Currently I am using the exam simulator by the p.m. Prepcast and I am attempting the between 10 and 30 questions at a time. I feel like this lets me focus on the questions that I got wrong and not have so many. I'm scoring between 70 and 85% depending on howMany I answerWith an occasional60Percent on 10 question tests. Should I keep doing this? Does anyone else know if it is effective for them? I'm at the point where I have read the PMBOK, taken my education hours with Joseph Phillips, read Rita M book. and watched a bunch of videos on youtube. Should I be taking larger question sets or does this have value? I also have another bookThat is filled with questions by Andrew Ramdayal. Has anyone use this book?What did you think? Some of the questions seemed pretty easy but some are more challenging. I am also answering Rita's questions at the end of each chapter

Please let me know if you think this is a good strategy for increasing my test results
5 years 2 months ago #16379

Daniel Kokkos

Good Morning everyone. So far I have read through Ritas book one time with the occasional reference reads when I don't understand a question. I have done some of the questions in Ritas book. I also am a subscriber to the Prepcast Simulator.
I also have another book from Andrew Ramdayal that is just questions. It seems much easier than the simulator, but I am still using it as resource. Has anyone else used that as a supplement? What did you think of it? The reviews are mixed on Amazon.

Most of what I am doing right now is taking between 10-30 question quizzes on learning mode. I think I am filling the gaps with those. I am scoring between 70 and 85 for the most part with an occasional 60 on 10 question quizzes. Should I be doing more questions in one sitting. I typically will take a 2-3 quizes a day after work or at break times.

I also have been watching Joeseph Phillips Udemy final prep course for quick overviews.

How and I doing and what can I do to improve here. I am looking forward to the communities opinion.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login