Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Accuracy

Accuracy 1 year 7 months ago #16365

• Julia Soligo
  • Julia Soligo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I found this question on Oliver F. Lehmann prep test (200 questions document):

136. You are running a project to develop the production process for a future electronic component. Evaluating some first test batches, you found out that the precision is generally very good, but that you have some irregular outliers in a completely unpredictable pattern. What should you do?
o Ignore the outliers; they are not relevant as long as the yield from the production is sufficiently high.
o Try to increase the accuracy of the process by adjustments, thus reducing the number of outliers.
o Inform the designated production manager of your observations and ask him to take care after handover.
o Research outliers, they may give you important insights into problems which may trouble later production.

Correct answer is (D), and I don't completely understand why answer (B ) wouldn't be correct too. Would like to know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Julia
Last edit: by Jenikka Ebias.

Accuracy 1 year 7 months ago #16457

• Joe Pang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 69
Hi Julia,

In some exam questions, there may be multiple correct answer, it is in your best interest to pick the best answer out.

I agree that answer B is also correct, however it is better to investigate what caused the outliers first before taking actions
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in Capital Projects and Digital Transformation Projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login