fbpx

Reply: Collocation

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Collocation

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16451

Julia Soligo

I understand. I'm still a little confuse though, cause the use of communication technology is one of the tools and techniques for the Develop Team process. That's why I thought that answer B could be the most reasonable answer.
5 years 1 month ago #16434

Joe Pang

Hi Julia,

This question is a little tricky, as it requires one to think in PMBOK terms in order to find the best answer. I agree that in real projects, very few PMs would come up with colocation as the only solution, however it is the best answer out of the 4:

A) In the question it did not specify that the team is lacking technical knowledge causing inefficiencies
B&C) According to PMBOK, phone conferences/detailed reporting/team meeting does very little in improving the speed of a project
D) Colocation can reduce the chance of conflicts, miscommunication, and in some cases members have the same access to sophisticated office equipment, thus improving productivity. (PMBOK 6, pg 340)

Hope this helps
5 years 2 months ago #16357

Julia Soligo

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about Collocation sample questions. In some cases, it is explained that Collocation is the best way to develop the team and speed un a project, and should be use always if possible, but sometimes it is said that Collocation is not always the best option, due to costs for example, which is reasonable. So I believe there is not always a 'one correct answer' for these type os questions. For example:

Your project is executed with a globally spread virtual team. The project progress has been found to be too slow. Which measure is most likely to immediately help team members act as a team and speed up the project?

(A) Technical training for all team members
(B ) Daily phone conferences and detailed reporting
(C) A team meeting at a location convenient to all team members
(D) Collocation of team members at a suitable place

My answer was (B ), because it's asking which measure is most likely to IMMEDIATELY help, and that the team is GLOBALLY spread, so in my opinion it wouldn't be easy or even feasible to collocate the team immediately. But I found out that correct answer was (D). Would like to hear you opinions. Thanks!

Julia

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login