fbpx

Reply: Exam Content Outline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Content Outline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #16336

Cornelius Fichtner

Pamela,

Here are a few considerations regarding the pretest questions and the percentages:

PMI doesn't actually disclose how they do this. My best guess is that the pretest questions are excluded and that the percentages are calculated for the questions on which you will actually be scored on.

However... during the exam you will NOT know which ones are or are not pretest questions. All you will see is a question with four answers. You don't know which domain it is from, and even if you think that it's from "Planning" does that match what PMI considers it to be? Maybe PMI thinks that it's Executing? Who knows?

Lastly, in The PM Exam Simulator, we are calculating the percentages based on the total number of questions in the exam. There are NO pretest questions in our exams. But that doesn't mean that you can now simply go and 'dismiss' 25 of the questions you had wrong as "pretest" questions. It simply means that you answered those 25 questions wrong and that you should review why and study on those topics, so that you can answer similar questions on the real exam correctly.
5 years 3 months ago #16320

Pamela Fowler

Hello

I am rereading over the Project Management Examination Content Outline booklet. On page 3, in the Exam Content Outline table. It breaks out percentages of items on the test for each Process Group or Domain
Since there are 25 pre test questions on the exam. Am I to assume that the percentages are calculated from the 175 scored questions that do count toward my score and not all 200 questions? I am working on exam questions in the Prepcast simulator and I am trying to figure out how does Prep Cast determine if I meet target if I get a 65% and up when PMI doesn't post anything that tells you how they score. According to my practice exams I am not doing well. I dont know what the criteria is.

Thanks
Pamela

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login