fbpx

Reply: Preparing to Sit for the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Preparing to Sit for the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16299

Ty Weston, PMP

Many folks have passed the exam who were not directly PMs. That is not a requirement.
If you participated as part of a project in a documented capacity you will meet the PMI requirements. That's all.
Determination and drive will get you down the path. You are facing that direction, so now get going!
Good luck.
5 years 2 months ago #16297

Jlynn

's Avatar

Hello,
.Pursuing the PMP certification is a career path goal for some time but as I have been reading the various material for my course and trying to learn my gaps in knowledge, I keep running across various comments that indicate that if a person has not acted as a PM , they will not pass the exam.
Is this truly the case? I find it hard to believe that everyone who sits for the exam has acted as PM but maybe so? Just want to know if I am in over my head . . My background includes being a participant /team member on multiple projects related to Software implementations but never as an actual PM. I have done many of the activities within a project and I am familiar with various aspects of project but not from a PM perspective. I have documented out my past project experience and I have enough hours to believe my application would be accepted.
Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login