fbpx

Reply: EFF and OPA sample question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : EFF and OPA sample question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16436

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that our team generally does not discuss our PM Exam Simulator questions in the forum. If you have a question about one of our questions then the only way to get our input is via Live Feedback in the simulator.

It's not that we don't want to help you with your questions, it's just that we don't discuss them in a public forum.

So please use Live Feedback and our team will respond.
5 years 2 months ago #16354

Julia Soligo

I found in PMBOK page 344 that "Employee development plan records" are considered EEFs, I'm confused about which is the difference with "Employee training records and competency frameworks", which are considered OPAs.
Thanks!
5 years 2 months ago #16353

Julia Soligo

Thank you!
5 years 2 months ago #16352

Judy Patterson

's Avatar

I found similar confusion with these three questions from PrepCast:

1. You need to escalate a problem. To figure out who to go to, do you use OPAs or EEFS?
Answer: OPAs

and yet

2. Policies and procedures that deal with hiring and firing:
Answer: EEFs

Also

3. You want to find out if it is okay to use social media. You check the company’s policies and procedures. Is this an OPA or an EEF?
Answer: OPA

Can you please confirm the answers and give more explanation as to the reasoning. Thank you.
5 years 2 months ago #16296

JSchmilliams

's Avatar

Ask yourself, " Are training documents and competency records a Condition, not under the control of the project team, that influence,
constrain, or direct the project?"

EEF's to me are factors that influence the organization. Not necessarily something tangible.

Those are documents that are special to the organization, so it would fall under OPA.

Training documents are a tangible thing that an organization has that is unique to itself.
5 years 2 months ago #16288

Julia Soligo

Hello, I'm studying for the PMP exam and have taken a lots of simulators for practice. There is one particular question that I apparently answered wrong, but in mi opinion my answer was correct:

While performing knowledge management, you are reviewing employee training records and competency frameworks, which are also known as personnel administration records. Which of the below category do they fit into or form a part of?

Details for Each Option:
A Enterprise environmental factors (I selected this option).
B Organization process assets (This option is the correct one, according to the simulator).
Explanation: These form part of organizational process assets.
C Resource management plan
D Resource requirements

The PMBOK, page 38, it defines Employee Capability as Internal EEF, and in my opinion it is comparable to the employee training records and competency (personnel administration records).

Hope you can help me clear my doubt.
Thanks!

Julia

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login