Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Importance of Vocabulary Memorization

Importance of Vocabulary Memorization 5 months 3 weeks ago #16094

• Russell Kischuk
  • Russell Kischuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have recently started studying for my PMP. I am trying to determine the best methods for studying. How important is it to memorize the definitions of key vocabulary terms within the PMBOK?

Importance of Vocabulary Memorization 5 months 3 weeks ago #16095

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 260
Russell,

Frankly, memorization of what "WBS" or "Work Breakdown Structure" means is absolutely NOT important.

But... knowing how, when and why to use a WBS, and what its importance in scope management and the success of your project means, is indeed important.

So it is indeed a good idea to read through the glossary, and if you come across a term that is unfamiliar you should not just memorize the term, but instead, learn about how to use it on a project. Or potentially even begin using it on your own projects.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
17-Jul-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...