fbpx

Reply: Resource Calendars

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Resource Calendars

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16155

Adam Griffin

Thanks for the information Joe.
I have another question; scheduling and EVA have been the toughest topics for me. I have spent the past few days focusing solely on these 2 concepts. I actually feel that the information is finally coming together. I still have an issue understanding the difference between float and leads and lags? I understand, that float is based purely on the critical path and is the difference between the forward and backward paths. I also understand the difference between total and free float. My issue rests in the fact that the definitions for float, leads, and lags basically read the same and as a result why are leads and lags not part of the duration estimates? Can you please explain the difference between leads, lags, and float. Also, when to use leads and lags and why they are not part of duration estimates?

Sorry for the complicated description.

Thanks, Adam
5 years 3 months ago #16056

Joe Pang

Hi Adam,

You are correct, the Estimate Activity Resource process is logically performed before the Acquire Resource process.

However, keep in mind that in some larger projects, you may have to hire additional resources and you will have to go through the Estimate Activity Resource process again. Hence that is why the Resource Calendar has already been produced and is available as an input.

Hope this helps,
Joe
5 years 3 months ago #16031

Adam Griffin

Hey Guys,

Are the resource processes performed sequentially? I am a little confused as an input the estimate activity resources is resource calendars which is an output to acquire resources. Personally, i thought these 2 processes would be performed sequentially which made this slightly confusing.

Adam

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login