Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Knowledge Areas vs Process groups - review

Knowledge Areas vs Process groups - review 6 months 4 days ago #15974

• Dan Combes
  • Dan Combes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am finding the best for me to study is to review the practice exam questions I got wrong. More specifically, reviewing the questions from knowledge areas I am struggling in (kept a running chart from each exams' results). However, with the actual exam giving you Proficiency scores on the Process groups, should I switch my review to be on the Process groups I am struggling in? Or does lifting knowledge area scores /review time likely lift the Process group scores/retention enough? What do others think? Thanks!

Knowledge Areas vs Process groups - review 6 months 4 days ago #15975

• Joe Pang
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 51
In my exam prep journey. I started by perfecting Initiation/Execution/Closing groups first, because I felt that they have less pages to read while accounting for about 50% of the exam score.

After that I did a lot of mock exams, pick the 3 weakest area (ex. Quality/Risk/Reources) and reread those chapters again

But that's just my personal preference, there's no right or wrong way and everyone's style is different.
Toronto-based project manager, currently engaging in paperless transformation projects for utilities companies

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...